Monday, September 16, 2019

Not a Bad Day

So today was more about working than crafting, but we made good money at the restaurant and managed to make a busy short-handed day a productive one.

As for crafting, I was able to finish the wig cap for my 1/4 girl, but the 1/3 girl's wig is still drying as of now. I'll likely go ahead and finish it up after work tomorrow. I work every day this week but I'd still like to sneak in some crafting.

I haven't mentioned this before but I also do some conservative investing on a site/app called Acorns. It takes whatever money you want to put up, daily, weekly, or monthly and invests it in stocks, bonds,  etc. based on your selected risk. You can also do Round-Ups, a feature that lets you take transactions and round them up to the nearest dollar and they'll let you invest that money from your checking/savings account once you reach $5 increments. Since I do a lot of micro transactions, I have it turned off, but you can set it to round and take the money out automatically. It's a great way to either save for retirement or just put aside money for holidays.

So I've got my little balance going of classic hard work, mixed in with the just as hard but fulfilling work of crafting. Writing and drawing are still elusive, my muse on vacation there, but I know she'll come back with plenty of it for those aspects. I can't exactly put a harness on my creative outlets but they flow like a thundering waterfall when the time comes.

I look forward to seeing what the week has to offer and am anxious to put forth the effort for those bigger goals. More doll tutorials to come, but I'm trying to wait until I have some substantial finds rather than breaking them all up. As a little side note, while I haven't found the perfect glue, im getting better at utilizing them. Whatever didn't cooperate tacky glue wise, I plan on patching with hot glue. I may go ahead and finish the large wig with some hot glue, since those affix to the underside and I'll be flattening that out with a patch anyway. Good stuff all around, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome.