Sunday, June 2, 2019

Print-At-Home Business Cards and Editing

Fun stuff... But not really. Allergies, computer updates, restlessness. Despite uncooperative technology and drowsiness, I've at least managed to get a little done. I snatch up those little spots where I'm feeling better, but they're few for now. 

I bought the cheapest business card paper I could find, enough to print out 1000 business cards, but unfortunately, I got what I paid for. It's not as thin as printing paper but definitely not heavy card stock. The micro-perforation leaves messy edges. However, I feel like these are still sufficient as back-ups in a pinch. I'll definitely pay a printing company for better quality cards and likely use the nicer ones to hand out to people I talk to or sell something to. The color is nice and I like that it isn't a smooth paper, a little textured. I wanted it to have a sort of linen, book texture to it, so those still work for that.

I do know Avery's print costs are on the high side, but for what I want (either cream or ivory paper with a matte linen textured look), it's not going to be cheap anywhere. I feel like it's worth it, and then some, to go for what will make a custom design look its best. I'm not run-of-the-mill and I believe that anything worth having is worth paying more for. Not breaking the bank, of course, but cutting corners everywhere will leave people unimpressed.

Then there's the computer update part. One of those lovely updates that holds your computer hostage pre-boot. I have them turned off of Auto Update, but this means I have to manually check it when my computer is running suspiciously slow. Lo and behold, nearly every time, there's an impatient update making things gummy. So before I can hunker down for some reading and editing, have to wait that out. I mean, sure--I could sit on my desktop. Except the allergy part. Nauseous, watery eyes... I'm banking a lot of faith on autocorrect right now as it is. I don't dare risk the effort of sitting up distracting my work, especially when I'm doing it for someone else.

I have a feeling I'll nod off in the meantime. More energy for the task ahead though, if I do.

Just saying it made it harder to open my eyes after blinking. Well, I at least got to tell you the devil in cheap at-home projects and... The other stuff.

Yup, nap time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome.