Monday, June 3, 2019

A Beautiful and Just-Plain-Full Day

That rainless day I've been hoping for finally arrived so I started off my day with coffee and window sealing. A test of how well I did will come when it rains again, but just checking it off the list feels good all by itself...

After that, I was treated to one of my writer friend's screenplays that I've been anticipating reading since he started it. I intended to break up the 160+ pages over the week but I couldn't put it down once I got going. He has a way of blending both familiar and alien concepts in such a way that I'm never disappointed. I had plenty to say, as I always do once I get hooked.

Of course, I couldn't squander such a cool and sunny day so I stepped outside quite a bit to enjoy it. Probably pulled a lot of interesting faces while I daydreamed but my street was pretty quiet today so I didn't have a big audience for that.

Then onto the task of test printing and affixing borders to business cards. Since this isn't the first or even second time I've brought that up, I'll snap a quick pic in this low-light room of mine. It'll be a bit grainy but easier to show than explain.
The backside has a simple header as well as my website, email and phone info; very simple and functional. I used one of those handy roll on tape dispensers to put the borders on the top. I still plan on getting some higher quality cards--thicker card stock with better ink quality, but I'm happy with this design. The muted brown and purple also doesn't drain my ink supply so even after printing 100 of them, I'm well away from needing to replace the ink. One of the reasons I chose this printer to begin with was its ink conservation and it doesn't disappoint, even when setting it to best quality.

Admittedly, these tasks carried me well into evening, so I feel a well-deserved rest is in order before I tackle another couple chapters of another writer's work tomorrow. Hopefully it gets me revved up to do some more work on Totem or a writing project of my own. One or the other; drawing or writing, I'm not picky. As long as inspiration is on point, I'll go for it.

Oh, and picking a layout for my site. I have most of the pictures together for it, but still haven't gotten to that. Put that on my list. Probably working both Wednesday and Thursday so best to get as much of that in as I can. 

So, that's that. Ready for bed and open to dreaming. Well... As long as it's not one of those awkward dreams that makes me glad no one is privy to some of the dumb shit my brain dumps from time to time.

Seriously. Not even useful. For any genre, muse or pursuit. Just plain garbage. Better out than in, though. Either way, I'd rather it not be the stuff I remember on waking. It just makes me want to punch my skull.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome.