Saturday, June 3, 2023

5 Weeks Post-Op

 I’ve been able to return to some normal things and it’s much easier to reach my feet, but I’m still super cautious, getting the odd abdominal sensations of things still healing and settling into what will be normal. I’m still not lifting anything too heavy to say the least. I’ve been very faintly spotting for the past three weeks now and I super hope that goes away sooner rather than later; still hoping I don’t have a period at all but I’ll take light and short if not. The spotting is usually pink or red, watery, sometimes with pale tissue, not like a blood clot. Just looks like slow residual shedding. Still unable to tell where that is headed.

Still working on baby blankets for my expecting surgeon duo; very nearly done now. Sleep is sporadic but it’s summer vacation so I can enjoy a crazy non-schedule as I like. I was good for my nephew’s graduation which is what truly matters, what I had been aiming for. It would not have been easy to manage if I hadn’t had the surgery.

I’m thinking by next weekend, some of my more demanding crafts will be possible. By the following Monday, I’d like to get on a regular exercise schedule, try to ease into that. The smaller incisions are almost completely healed, the lower one giving me little issue but still tender. I feel a lot less cautious for those, mostly just how my insides are handling the drastic absence and nerve repair. I don’t want to overdo it and feel a sharp pain. Dull aches aren’t foreign to me, but no one likes hitting the sharp ones.

I’ll be psyched once I can dig into crafting again. Crochet has served me well and will be revisited a lot too but I miss my DIY and new curiosities as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome.