Friday, May 12, 2023

Two Weeks Post Op Update

 The first week was where all of the drastic changes and challenges happened. The weekend after, incision pain was pretty harsh but it almost magically disappeared Sunday night shortly after a careful shower. I kept the incision clean and dry throughout so I think it was more a coincidence that the incision pain vanished around then, probably having more to do with the exercise and warmth of the shower than any part of the cleansing.

I’ve had some angry pinches in the right side where the ovary was, only when I twist or bend that area right now, so I try to favor the left side still and I do a sort of sumo squat to bend and not place too much bending pressure on the belly or incision just yet. I’m able to sit outside and pet my Stumpers better; the sitting is easy but the bending is of course a bit uncomfortable if not done carefully.

I do wear a binder; I’ve been increasing the time I use it, mostly when I’d like to sit up to crochet and sometimes it helps me sleep on my side for a bit. Side sleeping still feels a bit odd so I mainly do it to give my back and neck a change of pressure. I love how this one is built; I can wear it low or high and there are two additional pull straps I can use to personalize additional pressure points.

Today, I get to start picking off the glue and I’m excited for that. Hey, I’m an artist and most of us kind of purposely get a little messy for the love of peeling off some glue! 

I’ve needed a lot more sleep in the past few days but my FitBit surprisingly showed very segmented sleep patterns after surgery. I certainly felt like I had been sleeping better but I don’t think that the readings were inaccurate. I was likely just not registering the waking and falling back asleep not long after. I didn’t need to use the bathroom every time I woke up like one of my pre-surgery woes.

At this point, I just need to continue to pay special attention to my abdomen. I’m going to adhere to the healing period, another four weeks, before I attempt vigorous exercise or heavy lifting, but I would still like to gradually build up my walking stamina so I can work up to being ready to charge in.

I’ve been crocheting; I’m working on a dragon for my nephew (both nephews are getting end of school year dragons), baby blankets for my hero surgeons, possibly quite a few more since I have plenty of yarn and it’s a great relaxing craft any time. I do have a few other fun crafts I’ve lined up so after the dragon and blankets, I’ll let my mood decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome.