Monday, October 15, 2018

Uwaaaah, Already?

Two weeks of scheduled posts... That's right-- I did them all at the end of September/beginning of October and here we are already, all caught up!

Even better, since I'm scheduling this only a day ahead, I can also boast passing the 230K mark on my draft. Pretending to be slightly-in-the-future me, I'll have closed up at least two major scenes and be easing into the finale.

And this was supposed to be a lazy weekend...

Like I said, this weather is my favorite kind and the sooner I get the writing done, the sooner I can focus on what I want to accomplish in painting and drawing. It's actually relaxing. I'm not hunkering down with a kegger of coffee on an 8-12 hour writing blast. No, this is a couple hours here and there, wander into napping or gaming then flopping back into writing. For these scenes, it's even effective. These are done in graphic bursts of information, closing one story while letting the reader peek for a moment into the story ahead.

Once the draft is done, I'll switch to the visual with the cover art I've been daydreaming about. It does often pay to tease the wistfulness of a future project so that when I get there, it's an explosion of all the ideas I sat on. I realize some people spook themselves out of confidence but my ego is usually far smaller than my excitement to see what comes of the idea. It's never enough to have ideas. It's like saying you want to bake a cake, gathering all the ingredients but deciding you'll never be a cake boss so you smash the raw eggs in your mouth. It's true-- my cakes are anything but art, but they always taste amazing. 

Let's take a moment to abandon analogies and appreciate cake... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome.