Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Writing High... Do Eeeeet...

I don't mean 'under the influence', although I'm not against the cannabis lovers of the world (I myself don't enjoy smoking it, but I'm wildly curious about CBD as an option for pain and anxiety).

No, I mean writing on the ass-end of a cold type of high. I might have even mentioned this before since it's simply the bee's knees.
Well, when you put it this way, 'the bee's knees' are actually pretty gross. Which also describes my cold.
I KNOW I've had to mention balloony-head, that little window where you don't actually remember much, but what you do tends to be fantastic. Like you think blacking out drunk will be based on the people who lie about their adventures while doing it. Only legitimately and completely fun. Not embarrassing, waking up in vomit and urine kind of... fun?

Either way, somehow I went from about 35.5K on my NaNo goal to breaking 40K. I not only have no idea what I actually wrote, but I'm absolutely going to pick it up from there tomorrow. It is usually miraculously comprehensible but more sarcastic, I guess. It's definitely something else.

10K more to go. I wouldn't be surprised if somehow, I make that goal tomorrow. Why? Because I'll have no sense of time and it'll just happen if it does. I've done maybe 6-8K in a day on occasion and it's not impossible that between blogging and short stories that I've topped 10K in a day, but hell, why not unintentionally set a new record?

Don't worry-- I'm still babying this cold. I can ill afford for it to get worse, but as long as I'm not dizzy or feeling wretched, writing is much preferred to binge-watching whatever crap Hulu thinks I should watch. Anyone else yell at the Still There? (Or the 'are you still watching name-of-show-because-you-might-be-unaware of' of Netflix) for doubting your abilities to want it to keep going even if you're not watching or there? We all know I'm not all there!

More on whatever comes next in a later post...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome.