Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Craft Madness

So. While waiting for the craft stuff to get here this week (Funko Pops, paint, foam, etc.), I've been keeping busy with the new Animal Crossing for Switch and the Final Fantasy 7 Remake for PS4.

Luckily for newbies to either series, both are fresh takes rather than sequels to follow and I can recommend both to new and old fans alike. 

But again, it just makes me ache for a real remake to Final Fantasy 6. Every time I see what SquareEnix does with another Final Fantasy, I daydream of what more it could be.

Ahem. Crafts, though...

Today, I should be getting the upholstery foam to finish the 'cat couch' which, despite the pattern name, will NOT be for my cats but for my dolls. I'm still waiting for my Soom Hyperon male and some cord to string the female. I'm hoping to suede their joints, which is a term for using moleskin pads to get the joints to pose in place easier. It often takes away the need to prop them up on stands for balance, since it soft-locks the joints where you bend them.

As for the Funko Pops, I did my bard Aiden the first time and had a blast doing it, so next I'm doing my enigmatic dragon lady, Esmerelda. Technically, Talia was slated to be next but since I did a doll of her, I wanted to skip over and do a character I haven't done.

I'll have to remember to post pictures of the ones my sister and I have been doing. She is more patient than I with the whole process, but I decided I'd try to be more patient on this go. I mean, with quarantines and social distancing in place, what's the hurry anyway? Like drawing and writing, there's no reason to rush something or force myself to do anything I just can't get into.

Crafts have been healing for me. The rest may come but self-care still takes priority.

So while I wait for the mail to bring me crafty goodness, video games it is!

Take care, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome.