Monday, June 8, 2020

Genes, Genes, and Jeans

On a quest for better health and curiosity, I spit in a tube and shipped it off to the folks at 23andme today.

There are some aspects of pursuing my own health that have always bothered me and, like most modern people, I’ve begun to wonder what genetic factors might be playing against me. I can gain muscle like nobody’s business but, as an adult female, I’ve always had immense trouble with losing any fat. If there’s a dietary sensitivity or disease behind it, I want to know. I want to know all the scary stuff too like whether I’m at a higher risk for the big ones or the rare ones.

I think the ancestry or heritage part of it might be fun, but it’s not a primary concern, to be honest. I’m fairly certain I’m mostly, if not all, European and I don’t expect any big surprises there. Not a big thang since I’m not going to go freakish into other cultures or anything of the sort. I’m American, and that’s plenty of headache, thank you very much.

Really, I’d like to max out my health potential and maybe fit into some old clothes again. Not a big stretch since I was still a size 5/7 at my smallest, with plenty of butt and hips that would never make me a size 0. But losing inches is incredibly difficult for me. Even losing 60 lbs, I only dropped a single pant size. Another 30-40 lbs, I might’ve dropped one more.

As for what else, well, I got my latest doll today, a Soom Dia with white skin. I don’t mean that figuratively; he’s snow white like my 1/4 male elf but he’s 1/3 scale instead. He also came with a vampire style head that I can have fun painting as well. I don’t have plans to get any more dolls. I have more than enough of these quarantine projects! And no more room, at that.

So that’s that. I’ll be starting a new workout challenge next week. The 90 day challenge You Are Your Own Gym by Mark Lauren. One of those Beachbody affairs, this one dealing with using your own body weight. No extra equipment needed, even though I do have resistance bands and hand weights to play with if I want to mix things up.

Leaving you with a pic of the new doll. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome.