Thursday, November 9, 2017

Short but Sweet

Hit 35K on the nose today but I pounded out 7.5K over the course of the day even though I had to stop, research, and do some mapping over the difficult framework.  The main story is finished but some parts were very skeletal and I hope to bump it up about 10K then add that epilogue once I have it neat.

Not really a lot to say, just exhausted and ready for bed.  Second drafting, some drawing and a bit of free-writing should cover tomorrow. Hopefully a more inspired blog post then.

Just closing on a short fact.  Writers love to write, but sometimes life does get in the way.  Fan demand can border on insanity when it comes to entitlement.  Part of what makes your favorite authors continue is being inspired.  They aren't word mills.  Don't know about you but I would rather wait a decade for a book they put their heart into than a book that they wrote begrudgingly to shut people up. Sorry, people, but muses are fickle when it comes to quality. You can't go to a fast food restaurant and expect five-star cuisine.  Damn it, food analogies again... I've heard half a dozen excuses for bad moral choices linked to food. Stahhhhhp it... Leave my food alone...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome.