Monday, November 6, 2017

Updates on NaNoWriMo

After maneuvering through a particularly tough spot and taking some notes to add in second draft phase, I feel terrific once more. Broke through the 20K mark this morning, setting my novel @ approximately 56.5K. 

Without spoiling my novel, I hope to extend Part II to the 70K mark. Already I'm creeping up on a conclusion to this spot, but it's about to get intense so it will be an action-packed and involving part that can easily meet the demand if I keep the pacing right.

Part III was always meant to be a much shorter part with the suspense of whether there's a happy ending in store with an even shorter epilogue tying into the world's next dilemma in the series. This series has never been about saving the world, but the danger of whether it is redeemable is another thing. It will be a real conclusion, landing somewhere in the 10K range in theory with the epilogue at a nice meaty 5K.

I've been wanting to enter it in a Publishizer contest, but I'd really like to tackle finding an agent and getting it traditionally published so I'd like to make sure one wouldn't hurt the chances of the other. I know, I know, jumping the gun a bit, but I do like to use breaks wisely aside from eating, pounding coffee/tea, or taking a walk.

So back to the research portion of my day and good luck, fellow NaNoWriMo people! Keep exceeding your personal best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome.