Saturday, May 12, 2018

Beta Update

After doing some skimming around, I've decided to try a relatively obscure online sharing program called BetaBooks. A shame really since the interface looks really promising and I think it definitely needs more attention among authors looking for good beta sharing solution. The interface allows each beta reader to comment freely but privately on the same document (so that the other comments don't clutter or persuade in one direction or another). I will still keep the Google Docs option available if the reader is more comfortable with that option, but I'd love to do a blog on my experience with BetaBooks. I have a good feeling it will get a lot of use from me in the future. 

So when you email me...
Kitacat[at]me[dot]com
You can indicate which sharing options you'd like to use and we can work it out from there.

I'm staying off of social media for the upcoming week to get some writing done, but email and PMs will still be checked. If you know anyone who might be interested in trying the beta read, send them my way. No obligations, no enforced time limit, but I will be acknowledging all contributors in the back of the book and inviting you to participate again for future projects. Beta readers may also get some swag privileges in the future, but definitely a free copy of the finished ebook for their meaningful contribution.

Any new details about the beta will be popping up on my blog, so make sure you are subscribed if you're looking for updates. We'll see how this goes first. Finding beta readers can be extremely difficult so I'm not expecting miracles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome.