Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Need Beta Readers! Want In?

As you know, I tend to do things out of order and this is the first time I'm introducing beta readers into the process (at my usual better-late-than-never pace of doing things). I'm not requiring readers to sign an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) but I do have a short list of expectations on confidentiality, only to explain to any of the ones new to beta reading. I am not giving any time requirements since this is just Part I and there are two more parts in progress.

Word Count (for Part I): 88,102
Genre: Adult Epic Fantasy
Title: UnSung
Contact Me @ kitacat[at]me[dot]com if you're interested.

Yup, 88K puts it at full novel length already, but I'm not confining the next two parts to a similar size-- whatever it ends up as, it will be. The epilogue will be a lead-in to the next book, so if you are continuing after Part I, there will technically be four phases. If you have any questions, you can email me or we can set up a quicker messaging method, but I do provide some details in the document itself. I'm using Google Docs, so we'll use your Gmail address to link you and it makes any on-the-fly editing or suggestions a snap. I use it for beta reading others' work and it's been a great experience.

Speaking of which, I'm currently reading for a friend so I need to jump back to that and squeeze more of that in tonight. I'm hoping to compile a list within the next week or two, so no hurries. Feel free to pass it along to anyone who might be interested. 

Thanks in advance to anyone who offers their time towards helping me improve and grow as an author. If you want to check out a vastly different series, my first series is available on Amazon, all queued up to be published fully by July 11th of this year. Check out my site HERE for details. If you want to pick up UnNamed, you're welcome to, but I would also LOVE to have readers that can tell me if UnSung works as a standalone.

2 comments:

  1. I can't offer myself up as a beta reader just yet, since I'm still suffering the effects of illness and my mental capacity to comprehend what I'm consuming has been severely inhibited. Apparently not breathing well affects my normal functions. But if I recover to a state where I'm more coherent, I'll let you know. In the meantime, I hope you find some good betareaders!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a problem! Winter was a whole bubble of low function for me so I'm just now playing catch up (although allergies have me laboring to erase sudden sneeze spots from my monitor more frequently than I like). I'm not going to lock anyone out of the beta; it's doing ME a favor. I just hoped to start sending out invitation emails within the next two weeks. Although if Google Docs proves too confusing, I can send individual word files out too. I can tailor this to each reader and start anyone out along the way; this is just a less confusing starting point. I can't offer beta swaps at this point and it's tricky to find the reading-only crowd so it would be silly to expect a big turn-out regardless. Feel better, and mostly just for your own sanity! Health is ALWAYS the first priority.

      Delete

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome.