Friday, May 11, 2018

Going Dry...

To focus on writing rather than getting distracted, I'm taking a short hiatus from social media for at least the next week to get into drafting Part II of UnSung. I will still be checking emails for the beta sign-ups (and checking PM/DMs), but it's always better for me to escape the peanut gallery to pick my own brain.

My 5th book of the Heroes, World and Universe Chronicles has gone up, A World Reborn: Higher Reasoning , but if you want to give the series a try, start with The Truth about Heroes: One of Many for $.99. Or gamble with the first three in the trilogy edition for $4.99. The first two prints are at $20 because they contain illustrations, but most copies fall at $15 because I changed tack. The trilogies are tomes so they fall at $25. I wish I could go lower, but I'd get next to nothing for print if I did. I have all of the hard copies and they're superb quality so certainly not skimping there. It's the one downside to PoD self-publishing. Also, all nine will be released rather quickly, with the final ones out by July 11th. I've sat on this series for so long that it's time to let it go and focus on the many, many, many others queued up.

I haven't yet mentioned it in my blog at this point, but if you like doing fan art, I challenge you to draw my characters! I know in my first book, I described them from the onset (and readers are mixed about whether they like subtle introductions or 'just tell me what they look like already' so I went with what I like). If I drum up enough interest in fan art competitions, I'll consider doing a giveaway in the future. Again, I love to see art of all skill levels, so get creative. I didn't just get into this to show what I could do-- I'm also very interested in what is inspired by it.

In any case, about to start my retreat! I busted ass getting all the covers done for the first series and I hope you like what I came up with, but writing went on the back burner to do it. I gotta get back into writing mode, which usually involves wrangling my toddler of a muse...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome.