Saturday, March 21, 2020

Days Going By

I'm not going to bore you with a Corona-diary of Day 1, 2, 283 and so on. The days going by aren't THAT fascinating. I've been doing rather unusual things in small doses. I flocked a nose for a crocheted doll (flocking is a soft powder you apply with glue). And didn't use it since it looks cuter without a nose. Live and learn.

I molded a rough clay head for a creepy souvenir doll that belonged to my mom, making it somewhat less creepy. Made it some yarn hair and braided it.

No, it doesn't get more exciting than this right now.

I did get Animal Crossing New Horizons for the Nintendo Switch, which, okay, is a LITTLE more exciting. It's a fun game, to be sure, but I spend a ridiculous amount of time catching and selling fish for Bells (money).

Sculpt, sand, paint, poke, those are my days. I draw, write, create in very small doses and amidst heavy sighs and pacing.

I'm restless still. I miss working. I miss talking to the people that come into work. I miss having a schedule. Yeah, it's nice to sleep in and edit and have some freedom, but... it's a little too much. There's only self-discipline to be had, which is a lot different from social discipline.

It needs to be done. This coronavirus is no joke. It's affecting healthy people very seriously as well and is really scary for the elderly and compromised among us.

It's well worth it to be uncomfortable, to converge from the normal. I just hope we can all get through this with as little difficulty as possible. There will be a lot of tight spaces and dark places to get through. But we'll also have the opportunity to touch base with ourselves and appreciate our normals more.

Stay safe and... try not to soak up your worries. Keep your mind, hands and heart busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome.