Wednesday, March 18, 2020

It Takes Some Getting Used to

I've gotten used to working every weekday, so I'm not adjusting well to being at home all the time. I thought it might be a great thing, but I can't seem to get my heart into any tasks yet. There are plenty of things to do, but I feel as if I get exhausted very quickly and take more naps.

I've been poking at things. Affixing doll eyelashes or sculpting miniature ears or faces to paint later. Big projects seem too daunting at the moment, although I do try to poke at those too.

Social distancing isn't usually a problem for me, but this came suddenly and wasn't a decision. So I wasn't quite prepared for the boredom and exhaustion of suddenly having the whole day to decide upon.

I really want this to blow over but we may be looking at a couple months of this, at the very least, so I'll eventually adjust to this and be able to deal with my time better. For the time being, it's a bit of a struggle.

I did leave the house to buy cigarettes and pick up the boys' schoolwork. Once again, reinforcing that their teachers adore them. Marcus has been restless and 'bored' like myself, but Dameon leapt right into the social distancing with flying colors. I am apt to go either way. Change is just something I sometimes have difficulty adapting to, but usually I do adapt.

Hoping to get a few things in the mail to occupy me too. I did learn the name of the sculpts I'll be getting in the next few weeks as well. The male is a Soom Idealian Hyperon and the female is an Iplehouse Basic Mari. When you're bored, you tend to do more research, even though the purchasing has come to a stand-still, not knowing when money is coming again.

I did hear that in the next couple of weeks, American adults may be receiving at least $1000 to help with the blow of being forced to stop working, so I do hope that is true. It's truly an abrupt shock to suddenly be out of work.

It takes some getting used to, all of it, but get used to it I will. If anything, the house is getting a lot cleaner and I'm getting more sleep. Just hoping I can eventually focus on my projects with more gusto and get rid of the restless feeling. We'll see. For the sake of our immunocompromised and elderly, this is something that must be done. This could get a lot worse without the proper precautions so I hope everyone is giving this the proper consideration. The problem being there's also panic and apathy in the extremes, as well as Americans being used to a certain level of  'freedom' that they can be rather belligerent about.

Stay safe and find your groove! I'll work on the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome.