Wednesday, February 21, 2018

A Rare Gem: Short but Sweet

I've got to get a bit busy for the rest of the week, so I may go quiet the next few days. I'll have some exciting news coming up for next week.

Quick update: cover art is going to swallow some of the time this week and I'm finishing up my submission for the fantasy author anthology for October release. Once I knock these out, I'm moving on to drafting UnSung again.

Just so you know, UnSung is a bit of a mammoth. I don't mean that it's a tome so much as it's complex to write. I have Part I and II mapped fairly well, but I have no clue how I'm going to close it. With the style I've chosen, how I map it will actually depend on the first two parts to wrap it up. Each part will almost be its own book, taking very different pacing and moods along the way. I can tell by how much I both struggle with it and loathe it that it's actually something special because of it. I know that doesn't make perfect sense, but if you've ever created something in total frustration then really surprised yourself that something came out of the chaos, you can relate. If you've failed enough times, you start to recognize that making breakthroughs is oddly similar in its wake.

Whyyyyyy did I make it so complicated? Well, because no guts, no glory, no grit, no story...

So I'm off, but expect to hear good things on my return...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome.