Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Changing Gears

If there's one thing you've probably realized about me by now, it's that I'm not very patient. I don't like putting my fate too often in other people's hands, not even my own. I irritate myself when I can't keep up with me. Illustrating is a long process and I haven't been up to drawing in the winter months these days, so this waiting game has irritated me. So, change of plans.

I plan on releasing Book 3 of the Truth about Heroes books by the end of the month. I'm going to cut finishing the illustrations. I will put in the drawings with the color blocking in one edition, but offer a text only for both the ebook AND print. Rather than go back and offer prints of the first two in text only, I plan on releasing a compilation of all three in a trilogy set. And what else? I'm going to draw book covers for the remaining six books in the entire series then publish those as text-only print and ebook as well. I hope to release one a month (at least) until they're out there. I may do artbooks at some point, but let's face it-- I want to get to writing. When I'm up to drawing, I want to start doing my webcomics. Hopefully, this gets things going again. This winter slog needs to go somewhere.

So, I'm getting to that task right away. Like, after this blog post right-away. Before I leave you for that, I want to repost the link for my friend Joe's YouTube channel. His videos always keep this girl entertained when I need a boost. He's still one of the most well-spoken people I know and I want to see him succeed. Please check him out!


Saturday Morning Cheap Seats

2 comments:

  1. I hope you're successful! I know it's tough when you want to get moving and things hold you back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely. I feel like if I put things off for too long, I'll make it a habit to lose it as a priority. It's not enough to work hard if you don't see some things to completion. We all have those practice projects that don't need to be finished, but it's good to actively work towards completion somewhere.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome.