Friday, May 10, 2019

It Was a Cold and Rainy Morning...

Despite my resolve to never start a story with such a cliché, in reality, days don't escape the mundane quite so neatly. We all got up and donned our shirts for the Spirit Walk for the boys' school. My sister had to work, but she still wore her shirt to work. After dropping the boys off, I came home and got ready then headed back up there.

The rain came and went... And came and went again over the course of the walk. I let Dameon go off on his own as usual, but Marcus hung back with me and we talked about video games and having to pee. My bladder started feeling heavy into the end of the first lap, but Marcus felt it into the third and we constantly debated ducking into a restaurant or running home for the bathroom. Luckily, sweating made the urge less urgent and we finished the walk. Being cold and still bladder-heavy, I kissed the boys and told them I'd be back to pick them up later. The kids were eating popcorn and drinking slushies, but I was hyper-focused on hitting a bathroom.

Took me a while to thaw out once I got back, but hot coffee and scrambled eggs helped. After making a beeline for the toilet, of course. Still have to walk again, but I'm enjoying some relaxation time.

Tomorrow, I'm hoping to give the new tablet a whirl. The effort it would take to set it up is minimal but between antihistamines to calm the allergy symptoms and all of the running around this week, I'm just happy to keep diving back into bed before passing out.

I have found some good deals on printing my work onto big tapestries at least. I'd like to work on some new drawings to use for them, although the greyscale one that I use as a cover backdrop on social media might be one of them. I'm always looking into ways to dress up my future ComicCon booth, looking at ways to expand my brand. My workload in the social and temp arena will be lesser, giving me more time to rest and create. Once the boys are out of school for the summer, that is especially true.

Hoping to pick up on blog ideas and things to share soon, but rest and health are in order. I'm not unique in the respect that while I do have some downtime creatively, I tend to obsessively binge once I get going. The ideas have been pouring in, along with the piles of scrap paper containing their hasty semi-permanence, so there will be no staring contests with the always-blinking cursor nor the pathetic mini-triumphs of telling the cursor 'you blinked' once I get to it. Just periods of zoning out with passive mental reminders wondering how long it's been since I've eaten or used the bathroom. Liquids only work as a timer if you don't forget they're there when caught up in the moment.

But first, rest. Creative marathons await!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome.