Sunday, July 12, 2020

Happy Birthday to Me!

So, yes, first off, I did have a happy birthday yesterday. Being a quarantine birthday didn’t put a damper on it since I’ve never been one to go out and do much. My nephew Thomas came over, we ordered Outback, and watched anime and played video games. My sister Erin got me a zen garden and some edible arrangements and my dad gave me a sweet card. 

Although I said I was done ordering dolls, I really love the company I buy from and they had one doll that I absolutely couldn’t stop thinking about. She’s a dark brown skin Epidia sculpt and she’s supposed to be here tomorrow. Can’t wait to welcome a new doll to my collection. I still have quite a bit of doll work to do, but alas, some of the details are still in shipping so I can’t just dive in and finish everything.

My sister is still out of town so I’m still keeping an eye on my nephews. We haven’t been playing video games as much since their sleep schedules are way off of mine at the moment, but I’m trying to get them gradually back to a normal schedule.

There’s still a sense of limbo in my life but I’m going to introduce a new exercise program into my nonexistent schedule to attempt to revive my energy and drive. It’s a mobility and strength workout so it’s geared towards my personal goals. We’ll see how well I stay on track!

It’s a little crazy out there still. The school still isn’t certain how they’ll address these kids’ return to learning next month and masks have become mandatory because of the ridiculous amount of people who still aren’t taking this seriously. On a good note, protests are not attracting looting and violence anymore. On the down side though... girls are still going missing in the area, thought to be victims of the sex trafficking problem still prevalent in America. Like I said, crazy, but people just have a really hard time handling the changes and news. We’re more likely to be encumbered by the shit show on social media with little to do being cooped up indoors. The trick to being positive and objective is non-existent but I think we all have some soul-searching and self-care to do.

It will take some time and effort to adapt, as many of us are slow or stubborn to change. Very little to do but try to develop the mindset to make the most of a challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome.