Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Hibernation + Updates

I'm not in danger of burning out, but my brain needed a change of venue. Big projects are going on hold but I'm going down other rabbit holes, doing research and opting for some serious research via Witcher 3.

My characters have me beat on dealing with 'extreme' weather. No, this isn't the worst winter by far but it's a huge leap from what we've dealt with in years and it's funkifying my gears a bit.

My health for one. I'm not happy to admit that I've put on a few pounds even though I struggle to check my diet and exercise. I'm going to be careful but I'm not even going to attempt big changes until my body isn't firing off warnings that I can't tell are actual or the product of overactive nerves. Proceeding with care.

Drawing isn't proving easier with my hands not cooperating but I've been jotting down both comic ideas and keeping my drawing stuff accessible if the bug hits anytime. 

I'm playing it by ear. My playgrounds are still active but I'm not forcing it. I may not be hyper-productive for a month or two still, but I do keep the ideas fresh. 

I'm hoping I can still get Book 3 of my first series in order by Spring. It's a slow crawl, but I'm adapting. I may revert to crocheting a bit again. Who knows? It's not ideal, but I'm handling it the best way I know how. I have plenty to consider, plenty in patient wait for attention. 

There's still the Kindle Scout campaign going too. Vote for UnNamed in the SciFi/Fantasy category. I could use some good news to motivate me! This promises to be a unique and complex series. Unlike my first series that dedicates three books to each big plotline, this series challenges me to wrap up the main character's story in each one and start with a new character with a new set of limitations. Some characters reappear, but each story will stand alone. I won't be following the same style for each one. As usual, I just aim to paint a captivating picture with words.

Phew, so I may taper off on blogging and updating for a bit. You'll have plenty of time to get sick of my face when I hit breakneck speed again. For now, my stories are marinating for flavor...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome.