Thursday, January 4, 2018

That Thing about Life and Lemons

Because of the subzero morning temps in the area, the boys going back to school Wednesday was a false start and they actually pretty much just said not to even bother coming Thursday or Friday; we'll pick it up next week.

So my plans to start working again were put on hold too. More entertaining the boys for a few days.

This is why it's so important to operate flexibly, to not set frustrating time limits on goals. Things like this happen and we make do. In this case, I'll do what I can and not sweat what I'd rather be doing. We're a walking school district and we're some of the unlucky ones that have to walk so it's a blessing too. I might get a bit of work squeezed in here and there at least.

I've resubmitted my book UnNamed for Kindle Scout, waiting on confirmation.  There were a few hiccups with closing down the campaign on Publishizer but I can't stress enough how wonderful their team is when it comes to customer service. I never had to wait longer than 24 hours for a reply and many of them were merely hours later. They were always courteous and helpful. I would recommend that anyone who is great at self-marketing and already has a reader following to give that a try. It wasn't for me, but it's certainly the right platform for someone with the right preparation.

In my case, I do struggle to juggle real world obligation with the many, many hours that creative development demands. My health issues make it hard to maintain energy or focus, namely because this is a colder winter than we've had in years and I don't acclimate quickly. I will-- it just takes some time to build up. I've dealt with it long enough to know what I'm looking at. All the same, I'm still optimistic that I can charge back in. I can't time it, but I can taste it. I don't hesitate when the gate opens.

No biggie-- it's life. I'm never far from my work so it's always ready. My laptop is always on, my peripherals are always in reach. I am always prepared to take advantage of every muse, bug, and itch. And I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome.