Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Five Days of Not Writing

Although this is one of my favorite times of the year to hunker down and get to writing, today marks five days of not doing that. No editing either.

I'm not worried.

It's also the time of year I up and decided to do some weekend work at the local theme park and crochet a bunch of last minute gifts. My head is in writing still, but the priorities temporarily shifted.

I enjoy doing concessions. I don't do any of the business end, just help with food prep, cleaning and gofering. It's a pretty nice gig that pays very well and the people are a joy to work with. This will also help me promote myself as a writer and work towards better equipment and getting a booth for ComicCon.

Just like online college set up an opportunity to focus better on my skills, this job service lets me shop for great jobs that fit my personality and lifestyle. It's a job model that should be available everywhere, frankly. It's like Uber for job seekers and both employers and employees can find ideal situations and meaningful connections this way.

Back to the crochet, but I'll be inspiring a whole surge of writing through these experiences so all for the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome.