Monday, February 17, 2020

Bodysuit Progress 2

So today, I got a hold of some safety pins and a white watercolor pencil and went about taking in the arms and legs of the bodysuit so VOILA!
As for why the length of the arms and legs are excessive, these will later be cut into flame shapes so I wanted a generous allowance for that. The same wavy flames will be along the back piece as well. This is also why the torso is a bit baggy at the moment. Until I finish the back, her curves keep it a bit wild.

Still, I'm very happy my experiments have gone well. For those curious as to how I took it in, I put the bodysuit on the doll, marking starting points with brass pins and took it in and marked the baggy spots with silver pins. Once I removed the suit and flipped the fabric inside out, I marked where the pins pierced the fabric with the white pencil, then removed the pins to sew, connecting the dots, so to speak.

Once I finish the shape of the suit itself, I'll cut the flame shapes, decorate with rhinestones and add scarves to finish the dancing flame effect. I've ordered some flame feather pins for her hair and brooch pins, if needed, so it might be a while before it is fully finished. I order from AliExpress which can take anywhere from a week to six weeks to arrive. Price and selection often make the wait more attractive...

Aside from that, I have been editing UnHeard, getting the draft where it needs to be before moving into new territory. This is an off and on process. Sometimes I like to move the story ahead, sometimes I just want to poke at what is there, look for plot inconsistencies and ways to spice up conversation.

While I was using my mom's birthday as a release date, this year I won't be pushing anything. The short stories just aren't where they need to be and UnHeard is a long way from completion. To rush anything would be a disservice to my work and my mom's memory at that. So I'll hold her birthday in observance this year and just give my writing the time it needs to develop.

But you've seen at least in part that I've been moving a great deal of projects along the board, so hopefully I'm keeping the shares satisfactory while I sort everything out. I still hope to have a booth at ComicCon this year. I'll email the coordinators this week, see if there's a spot still and get prices. 

Hoping to have more projects to show progress on this week, but if not, you know by now how that goes.

Damn muse...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome.