Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Book Two Information

I have a lot to say about a lot of things, but this post is just the facts, ma'am.

Or sir, don't get your panties in a bunch.  Old quote, feel free to use the internet for that one...

I have art to finish up this week!  Only six illustrations left to go and the panorama and cover before I move onto the final edit prior to the planned end of September release.  I absolutely do not have a date set.  The date is always 'that day I'm confident it's going to be finished.'

For those who haven't seen my millions of posts on this, this is prior to my participation in Virtual FantasyCon in October.  For the month of October, I'm posting my first ebook, The Truth About Heroes: One of Many, for free.  Please get hooked and pay for the next book.  Grab a print copy while it's still cheap and if you're one of my local friends, I'll sign it for free.  Or I might sign it free anyway, if you're not a dick.  Remember a girl has to make a living too!

Keep your eyes peeled for The Truth About Heroes: Two Sides to Everything.  Yeah, I'm not using standard naming conventions for fantasy.  All three books in a trilogy will have the same main title with a different byline.  It also makes it easier if I ever decide to chunk it all together as one mega-book.  I refer to it as the Heroes Trilogy.  I suppose eventually all of the books set in this world will eventually get some bigger name to encase all of them.  Look at the Game of Thrones series.  Even though GRRM called it the Song of Ice and Fire series, it ended up taking on the name of one of the books.  Yeah, it happens.

That being said, maybe I do have a bit more info to share with everyone.  The second series inspired by this world is called A World Reborn or the World Trilogy and the last is called Each Endless Universe or the Universe Trilogy.  I'm not disclosing whether they are prequels or sequels.  I will say I am currently working on one of the prequel stories to the first series.  I said I was done, but damn it, I love revisiting this world and its crazy history and I always felt like this was a book that needed to be written.  I've designed most of these books to stand alone, but there are definite incentives to bearing through all of them.

Anyways, here's your blurb for Book Two:
Rienna and her group are back to tackle the forces threatening to disrupt their world, but first, they have to tackle the demons of their pasts.  In the aftermath of devastating loss, they become more keenly aware that this may be their last chance to experience life before war cuts it short.  Before facing the very real forces that led them all to find justice, they must make peace with whatever time they have left.

This was a fun book for me.  They are at a hub in their journey, preparing for war, and they break off into smaller groups.  Some of their motives are selfish, even foolish, but ultimately, they are looking for their reasons to move on.  It will show how vastly people in crazy situations react to the possibility of death and still be chockful of adventure.  I'm never sure why people seem to think these concepts are mutually exclusive.  It's a mix of good and evil, sex and violence, awkward and awesome.

If you're not aware of my writing style, I like to use short stories to tie in bigger themes. I do intentionally break a few supposed rules. Sometimes I do like to devote a paragraph to describing a character-- it's not something I always do, but sometimes I like to knock all of that out right away.  I also don't care to avoid adverbs, especially when they aren't being used as lazy modifiers.  I write the way I do intentionally and not to spite or rebel against the dos and don'ts either.  I've seen quite a few writers lose their voice when they try to hard to please the book gods.  My writing, no matter how much I refine it, is just not going to be for everyone and I'm not looking to follow or capitalize on any trend.  I just wanted an honest book, one that followed this weird world I've visited for so long.  I think that the writing reflects it well.  It's not a world meant to impress.  It's one you want to get comfortable in, just not TOO comfortable.  Things are gonna get weird, so make sure you know where your shoes are.

I'm saying this in light of the fact that many bestsellers kind of put me to shame.  lol  With more recent scenes coming up like the tampon sex in 50 Shades (which is terrible writing all around) or Stephen King's kiddie sex romp in The It (a sometimes brilliant writer-- I get your rationale on that scene, but no matter how you spin it, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to anyone but you.  More power to you for sticking with it.  At the very least, you've inspired me to stick with my awkward spots as an observer in my worlds)-- I won't make you backtrack to catch my train of thought-- With more recent scenes coming up like the ones in 50 Shades (garbage) and The It (thumbs up, you weird bastard), I really shouldn't be second-guessing my own awkward or titillating scenes of human contact.  You're supposed to all have different reactions when you read things, people.  If you think you're supposed to feel awkward, then you're right.  Who gives a fuck what the author intended?  It's YOUR experience.  It might be worth it to stumble through some awkward shit to get to the stuff you like.

I don't know-- give it a chance.  I plan on doing this as long as I'm able, love it or hate it.  Writing and drawing are two very different creatures.  I've been desensitized to any reactions to my artwork for some time.  Yes, I want you to love it, but meh if you don't.  Truth is, I'm a little sensitive to how my writing is received.  I haven't done all of the conventional things, as you probably already know (blog title much?), so I just have to have faith that it's worth reading.  I didn't want it to become a chore-- I truly didn't do all of the acceptable things because I intended to keep it a place I liked to go.  lol  Now, it gets to be unleashed on all of the poor sensitive masses.  I'm not sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome.