Friday, September 22, 2017

Featuring Artists

It's not just about self-promotion!  Sometimes you really just want to help out a few friends who could use some traffic and someone to take a gamble on them.  Today, I'm featuring Joe Maley, Matt Roberts, and Ditrie Bowie.  I suggest you check them out and I'll tell you why...

Saturday Morning Cheap Seats with Joe Maley

Straight to the front page of the channel for you.  If you missed my last blog post "On Brain Graveyards", I brought up why you need to give him a serious watch.  He doesn't fancy himself a creative type, but that's also what is endearing.  He's down-to-earth and he doesn't overload you with his biases.  You'll know his taste, how it compares to other movies you might have been interested in, and what you might get out of it.  He might joke about ratings, but you never feel guilty about disagreeing.  I'd love to go on and on about it, but see it for yourself!

Hand One is Dealt by Matt Roberts
or check out his blog Martians Attack!

Matt Roberts is a horror enthusiast and knows his shit.  Despite my being credited for the cover, this is all his show.  It's his first entry as a novelist, but he is also active as a NaNoRiMo participant when he can and the 13 Stories gig. (If you're reading this, Matt, I'm happy to post some side links).  He's always wanted to be a writer and it shows in the dedication and talent.  His blog often features funny videos and rants on his experience as an Uber driver, to name a couple.  I'm not even a horror fan in particular, but I really dig his work.

Fillius Glint by Ditrie Bowie

Again, this is someone who has creative writing in the bag.  Our acquaintance started as classmates at Full Sail where she was earning a degree in creative writing while teaching music at the Savannah Arts Academy.  I've had the pleasure of reading her blogs and she is light, humorous, and contemporary, making subtle life observations that encourage you to delight in the simple things.  She's passionate about charity and even made a page on FaceBook where she helps other writers gain momentum.  In fact, she gave Matt a nice springboard when he was starting out.  Again, I'd love to post more direct links since she has had some great blogs out there.  She's an ecclectic writer so she's everywhere and I'd need a little help narrowing it down!


I don't have a lot of traffic on this newborn blog, but every little bit helps!  I'd love to keep featuring artists that are clearly in it for the enjoyment and whose talent I can vouch for.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome.