Monday, January 28, 2019

January Closes...

As the month nears the close, I am excited to say my draft is nearing completion with less than 10K words to comb through to finish. I anticipate the next phases with its crackle of electricity better than the tingles of first love.

You could be a condescending prick that tells me I don't know what love is until I've blah-blah-blah, but generally my readers are pretty fucking amazing. PFA people, continue as planned. I can bet even serial killers enjoy bursts of overwhelming passion (and weird fear-boners) so overflowing emotion isn't the privilege of the pure and normal-ish.

My strength is slowly returning but I've a lot of sleep to catch up on. It's a freakish waking nightmare to sleep a good night's sleep, just to wake with your body so weak like you just laid down for sleep. What did we just do, body? I look around my room suspiciously, wondering if this is why nothing in my room is where I thought I put it. I'm betting I'm a sleep reorganizer but I'm not brave enough to see what a mess I am when I'm sleeping.

Rest assured, my friend Joe always reminds me he's got cameras hidden in my room somewhere. If he was great with computers, I'd double check my webcam. Insofar, he hasn't reported any weird nocturnal activities. 

I naturally clean the house at 3AM.

I love rereading my stories, thrilling at the new ideas that pop up as I get to know them better with the same words I've already written before. Another reason I like to stress the multiple edits--every time you revisit, you stage it a little differently and fill in more of the world blooming around it.

So! Back to finishing up this phase and back to building up my health. Now that I can chew on both sides of my mouth (I say with an overly proud tilt of my chin), I can finally gnaw on some crispy raw veggies, tree nuts, popcorn. As much as I love yogurt, I was in real danger of getting sick of it. Sugar free jello is out. But then again, I'm one of those weirdoes that loves lime jello best. You know, the kind you have to make yourself because it doesn't sell enough to be prepackaged.

Haters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome.