Friday, September 18, 2020

It’s a Warzone!

 I underestimated just how long it would take to sort the piles from my clothes closet, but then, I’m being extremely thoughtful. Can’t just set it aside because I don’t want it; I also have to make a separate pile with certain people in mind. Messaged those people to see if they want it and, if not, I’ll just leave it for my nephew to pick through.

Have a few random things that I can’t decide whether I should actually box up or just carry as is. But I’d like to make all those decisions before I start dismantling that closet and adding to those piles. So provided I get all that knocked out today, I’ll *probably* get to storage tomorrow.

Sleeping has been erratic. I sleep for a few hours and wake up energized enough to tackle some aspect of packing, grab some food, wear myself out and sleep again. Sometimes I sleep a lot to recuperate a bit more, but this is a lot of labor and I’m very careful not to hurt my back or make myself too sore, much like when I started vigorous workouts. Admittedly, I’ve been a lot lazier since the pandemic started, so I do have to be careful not to overdo it. Even once I finish my own accumulative mess, I still have to help my nephews with their haul.

Lots of doing this in short bursts. It’s actually quite a demanding process; lot of bending, lifting, dismantling, wrapping and sorting so it pushes me physically. Mentally, it’s not that taxing, which is kind of a surprise. I haven’t been hoarding stuff away for purely sentimental reasons and have quite a bit I’m not taking and happy to throw away or give away. Over time, I’ve just become more focused on what material things are actually important to me. A lot of what I’m finding along the way is stuff I shoved away unwanted, either to save for someone or it just wasn’t absolute trash. It’s a small amount compared to what I have given away over time, but a bit more than I thought was taking up space. 

And again, my cats are in constant curiosity mode with everything changing. Suspicious and not at all trusting the systematic mess. Lol I constantly hear them scratching the carpet in an area once inaccessible, which I’m guessing is the cat version of a luxury activity.

There’s still some paperwork trickling in from the loan officers. They tend to want to know what’s current in the accounts we’re paying from to make sure we can actually pay with both what we have and our flow of income, but that’s to be expected. Just crossing Ts and dotting Is. Lowercase ones, in case my choice of syntax confused that! (Also not literal; just as the saying goes, but I’m over explaining for the hell of it...)

So onwards and upwards and back to the task!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome.