Saturday, September 12, 2020

The Move Continues!

 Great news to be had this week as the appraisal fell almost exactly on our offer! BOOM!

I’ve been packing up my room, a couple of boxes at a time, and it’s coming along. I do have a LOT of stuff, so getting it a little at a time is a lot less stressful. My cats know something is up and are not feeling it at all. Terrible hoomans and all their stupid change... I can’t say it’s not causing some anxiety but getting used to a new place isn’t something I adapt to quickly. I’ve lived in quite a few places, but haven’t done a huge move since I was like 7 years old. I’m leaving the stuff on my walls until everything else is moved. It’s weird enough seeing everything else clearing away so I’m trying not to live in a lifeless space as long as possible.

I know for sure I want to shop for a new bed frame and bookshelves for the new space, something to display my dolls on better. I’m giving my sister my current bed frame and wire bookshelf. Most of my furniture should be okay to fit, but we’ll see. My recliner could be too much, but I can put that downstairs if necessary. It’s a bigger room but I’d like more floor space than I’ve allowed myself in the ‘old house’.

But I spent today dismantling a craft cubby unit and wrapping up the canvas boxes, packing up some of the miscellaneous bits that floated around. Tomorrow, I’m hoping to pack up my TV console stuff, games and desk bits. That will mostly take care of the ‘main’ part of my room before I start sorting through the closets. I have quite a bit that’s either getting thrown out or given away. The most challenging bits to decide about are my electronics: graphics tablets, TV, computer, consoles, printer, etc. There’s no way I’m trusting them being jostled about on a moving truck! Those will definitely be a regular vehicle haul...

It’s not terribly exciting stuff, I know, but after hearing the great news about the appraisal landing right in the ballpark of our offer and knowing we can be comfortable getting what we need for the new house, I feel like a bit of rambling in thought is in order! I look forward to building a new sanctuary and reorganizing my goals. It’s a nice and quiet little town, chock full of visual inspiration. I’m hoping once regular school is back in session, my nephews get to benefit from a new school too.

The pandemic makes me feel restless and tense so this at least had become the perfect opportunity for us to make such a big decision, without worrying about work schedules and all that.

What I’m really hoping for, after all this work to settle into a new home, is that my motivation kicks back in and I can focus up on my passion projects again. There are books to write, dolls to design, yarn waiting to be crocheted and a muse to wrangle! First things first...

Moving on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome.