Monday, September 21, 2020

Lazy Break

 My attempts at sleeping last night were futile, so I just decided to call it a lazy day. I realize I have a ridiculous amount of jackets and coats to sort through because I really don’t need all of them, but it shouldn’t take me that long... Tomorrow, I’m going to help my nephew Dameon sort through his stuff and pack. I know that kid has a ton of clothes he never wears and even outgrew, but he’s also got a lot of little junk he needs to sort through. I’ll put him on sorting duty and do the packing myself. Fortunately, no one in this house has as much crap as me to sort through so it shouldn’t be a huge task.

But most of my stuff was craft and hobby stuff. I got away with only about two boxes of regular clothes. My dressers are still full but I can probably get away with not taking about one whole drawer’s worth of stuff. The rest is pajama pants, socks, underwear... most of it is tucked into drawer organizers already. I did have quite a lot of books but packed those in smaller boxes so they can actually be lifted without breaking any backs. I’ll likely just poke around and get to what little is left this week. I do have some clothes to bag for donation too. All of this is stuff I could wait until closer to the move to do. I didn’t realize I would get most of it done so quickly.

Taking the cats to get spayed Wednesday morning. So I’ll at least make it a little easier for them to rest and get around while they heal. 

About two weeks away from the big move. I know it will be some serious hard labor and draining car trips, but I’m keeping my eye on the goal. I’ve got my camera bag accessible for some photo sessions along the way. I know I’ll need, oh, fifty million breaks, but I’ve been doing all of this in short bursts. Still have to be careful with my joints, especially ankles and wrists. Reminding myself to leave my braces out to use in any case. Those were a godsend on truck days in retail service. This will be a LOT more to haul too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome.