Sunday, May 24, 2020

Grill Confusion

My dad is absolutely the hardest person to buy a gift for. No, he isn’t. Yes, he is.

So he just threw away a grill. I thought that meant he needed a new one. So he wasn’t unhappy that I got him one. Yes, he was. No, he wasn’t.

But he is happy. Now that he’s put it together, he loves it and we’re going to grill out tomorrow, if it doesn’t rain. But the weather is a lot like dad. It’s supposed to rain. No, it isn’t! Yes it is...

Either way, we’re all in a home improvement phase during this pandemic because, really, what else is there to do? I bought myself a new iPad mini, mainly because my old tablets were too old to even download the Alexa app... that I needed for the Echo Dot I already bought.

But I swear, those are the big expenses for me right now. I’m thoroughly enjoying just telling the Echo Dot to play all the songs on my free month of Amazon Music Unlimited. Holy hell, why did I wait to upgrade my tech? Oh, that’s right; because the pandemic put me out of work for the past two months and I couldn’t save for anything.

Luckily, I finally have the pandemic unemployment assistance making home stay a lot less irritating. I’m even writing and drawing and crafting more.

Which reminds me, my cat Seven keeps sitting on the couch I made for my dolls so I ordered some yarn and foam to make her one too. Bet that she still keeps trying to sit with my dolls.

Want a picture? Yup, I got a few!
Also, enjoy this bonus picture of Seven climbing onto the door near that shelf.


Well, she sits with them but ultimately, I think her goal is to get onto my door now... Either way, it fills me with the warm fuzzies, these adorable little assholes of mine... Seven, I trust her when she’s climbing but her sister She-Ra? Not so much. She-Ra is my little klutz.

All in all, it’s been a good week. I still have to work on the cover art and finish up the scenes for Part II of UnHeard, but at the very least, I’ve been working on them.

And now I can ask Alexa for definitions on words I’m half sure I’m using correctly. Which happens when writing. It’ll sound right but the brain can go to mush. Squishy, gooshy brain matter that it is...

Onto my day! I’ve finished up coffee (hey, I woke up after noon today so I’m behind!) and ready to do some things.

Even if it’s largely playing DJ with my Echo Dot. Did I say one free month of Amazon Music Unlimited? Because it’s on, my friends!

Peace out and stay busy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome.