Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Work It, Girl!

Who doesn't love words of encouragement?

So today, I worked on my male doll's bodysuit. Took a couple of tries to take it in about where I want it, but the belt ought to solve his little ghetto booty issues, where it sticks out a bit between the shoulder blades and booty at the small of the back. I've got the zipper on and started the sleeves, but I'll finish those up tomorrow. I sit like a mountain troll when I'm hand sewing so my back could use a break. After I've got the sleeves on and he's all fitted, I'll glue some nifty appliqués to the upper thigh and put his boots on. Then it will be a matter of doing the armor pieces and embellishments to get the outfit finished up. Easier said than done. It'll take some time. 

Aside from that, I did some writing today, but I'm still a couple of scenes shy of finishing Part II, if only because they are large definitive scenes. A lot to tie up before I clear the way for the plots of Part III.

I haven't yet worked on the cover art this week, but I'm hoping to get to that tomorrow and Friday, if not through the weekend. My dad's birthday is coming up so I have a few surprises for him coming in the mail, so I'll be on edge, waiting for those to arrive, trying to work on things, but likely jumping up every time I hear anything resembling a truck outside.

lol My dad doesn't read my blog, so I can spoil it here: I got him a new barbecue grill with a smoker. My sister also bought some grilling tools and smoker accessories; rubs, different kinds of wood, etc. that will leave him with everything he needs but the meats/veggies. He retires on his birthday too, so we wanted to set him up nicely for this one!

Well, I'm all caught up on my work for today, so I promised my nephews I'd play video games with them. I'll catch you later with more updates and, hopefully, some pics of the finished bodysuit.

See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome.