Monday, May 25, 2020

I Need a Photo Shoot Kinda Day

It's hot... and sporadically rainy... so not the kind of day I'd like to take dolls and crochet projects outside for a photoshoot. Although, I've desperately wanted to do so for the past week. I'm really just going to have to catch the weather on a lucky day.

The outside gardens are looking beautiful since that's been my dad's pet project over the past couple of months. The grass has been a little oversaturated too, but I could use chairs and tarps for some shots. I really just want to get some natural light photos on some pattern photos I'd like to sell.

Namely, the hat I made for my friend Emily based on the anime, Dramatical Murder, of the Noiz character and a neck rest pillow that resembles an xbox controller. I've done quite a few custom hats but since I did them entirely freeform, I haven't bothered to write patterns for them, but I'd still like some more good shots of those.

The dolls are overdue for any outside pictures. I have quite a few for the fashion doll size dolls, but only some poorly lit indoor shots of my larger dolls. Of course, since Maxim and Endramena are still under construction, I won't be taking any of them, but I have at least 5 larger dolls I could work with.

I'm no amazing photographer but I know my way around manual settings and I do have a decent camera, that isn't my tablet (which admittedly is also my lazy goto for indoor shots). So I'm hoping to grab my tripod, camera and extra batteries and have a literal field day sometime this week.

Right now, I'm addicted to the Song Quiz game on my Echo Dot. Have one and aren't hip to the game yet? Just tell Alexa to 'open Song Quiz' and get similarly addicted. I rock on 90s and 2000s music but I'll give the other decades a whirl later too!

For now, I'm enjoying a little laziness on this 80+ degree Fahrenheit day. The AC is pumping out cool air, I've got my cats being lazy with me, and I'm drinking some caramel syrup laced coffee. Divine...

As usual, I hope you're enjoying your days too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome.