Sunday, May 17, 2020

Plans for the Week

My apologies if you follow my social media and this is a repeat for you, but I do have some plans for the week as far as writing and drawing go.

I'll be working on doing the cover, which is here so far:
And I have organized three scenes to conclude Part 2 of 3 for UnHeard.

The character in the pic is Endramena, who's taken on quite a few looks over time. Including this one:


And doll version! But as you can see, the seafoam eyes and red lips are a constant at least.

I hope my formatting isn't absolutely atrocious here, but I'm not in a mood to fiddle with it either, so it stays.

In any case, I'm delighted to be working on so much at once, thanks to the magic of medicine boosting my muse-itude.

And uh-oh, I'm starting to have a favorite character, which I think is a real no-no. Now, I'm not favoring them to the point that they are invincible, because, sorry, they do die, but I'm finding their story is becoming apparently the most interesting to follow...
 
Which I suppose isn't the worst thing in the world. But I do try to avoid favoritism like the plague because it tends to make the other characters start to pale too much by comparison. I want all of them to be compelling and interesting, at least far enough you'll want to read about them, but I don't like to play favorites until... AFTER... I publish. Then I like to become a fangirl of my own work.

Although, truth be told, I don't like rereading my old work after publishing at all. To me, there has been a sort of finality to all the rounds of editing and drafting that I don't like to go back and second guess. Too often, writers reading their older work will find everything wrong with it and even kill the sense of nostalgia.

It's like the Mario Brothers Super Show or Dark Crystal. I never should've tried to rewatch them. I totally murdered the magic of memory when I did that. I worked with my books well enough that I can remember them when I talk about them, but I'd rather not have to reference them beyond the need for writing sequels. Even then, I usually keep extensive notes so I don't have to.

I neither want my work to be too precious nor become toxic with overpicking. I love them or I never would've bothered putting in the time to write them. Good enough. Case closed. If I want to revisit, I'll daydream or draw them.

So that's that. I did a 3K word sprint today, so I'm good. It's a bit of an uncomfortably hot day where the computer even feels like it's contributing to the discomfort. I'm holding off on running the AC though. It's really not THAT hot yet.

Anyways, stay in touch. Do or don't wear masks. No one knows what the hell is going on anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome.