Thursday, May 28, 2020

Not a Bad Day Though

Looks like we’ve got a chance of rain for a couple days but Saturday and Sunday both are looking ripe for some outdoor photography sessions with my crafts. Mellow 70° weather instead of the hot as piss weather we’ve been having. Today? Actually not too bad. There’s a lot of breeziness so I went for a walk around 2 PM to enjoy it, get a little Vitamin D from the sun.

My BP has been hanging too high so some definite lifestyle changes are in progress. Starting off by drinking more water and ordered some supplements. Going for lipozene for appetite reduction, Goli for digestive and BP health, and a couple flavors of recovery drinks for after some intensive workouts. Those aren’t coming right away, but I figured water and diet are ones I can correct now. The worst part is that, with weight on, my fibromyalgia issues are a bit more frequent and pronounced so I do need to ease into any routine and increase activity slowly. When you’re already hurting everywhere, it can be difficult to discern pain as a warning sign from the typical nerve pain.

I haven’t been writing the past couple of days, but the muse is a pain in the ass as usual. Comes and goes at the drop of a hat. Today, I’m hoping my yarn and foam order shows up so I can get started on another cat couch. Of course, any excuse to use my new Clover Amour hooks!

But mail is turtling along as usual so it’s anyone’s guess when things will just show up. Even Informed Delivery has everything marked as unknown until about 2 days before it’s going to arrive. Sometimes I’m lucky it updates that early; sometimes it’s the same day. Again, mail impatience is real, with my stay at home mentality going on. I really just want to sit in the AC. I’m not a summer person. As my friend Joe says, I’m already fat, I don’t need to look sweaty too. Buncha pale ass piglets baking in the sun... okay, fat people aren’t pigs y’all, but I gotta have a sense of humor about it. Depression and low self confidence and being overly self conscious don’t get us the motivation to work out. We have to love our bodies WHILE we’re improving them, not after the goal is obtained. In fact, it’s very hard to appreciate a big change if you’re still convinced you haven’t done enough.

So even if the next couple days are relatively lazy ones, Saturday or Sunday I’m definitely planning to go sweat like a pig and contort for some picture taking. Hopefully, the weather cooperates. Cincinnati weather, well, trying to track it more than two days ahead isn’t always reliable. We get a bunch of freak fronts and changes last minute so it’s a tentative plan. Hoping it becomes the reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome.