Friday, October 6, 2017

NaNoWriMo! Let's Get Psyched!

I've seen some of my writer friends posting about it for years and finally reached the day where curiosity won over and I'm itching to try it.  I'm dabbling with notes on a new idea for a fantasy series, this one with a specific set of self-imposed challenges.  The books will not be set in the same world, each will standalone but will have one common theme: a specific psychological or physical limitation.  Voice, style and POV will be integral in developing the pace and plots.  I don't want to say too much-- I'd prefer not to know if it's been done before or have someone beat me to the punch if it hasn't. 

In any case, it's what I'm bringing to NaNoWriMo, a basic intro I started and a notebook full of scribbled notes I'm excited to put to paper.  How I will juggle it with illustration for book 3 of my current series remains to be seen.  I will need to put my fanfic and other WIPs on hold to divvy up the time better, but I'm excited to be getting another series going alongside my flagship series.

FYI, this new series will still be adult, but more for language and violence, not for gratuitous sex.  Female writers tend to get shit for that and I intend to prove I can write just fine without it.  I also intend to keep writing books with smut here and there because it's human and I'm not uncomfortable with how people express it.  Challenging myself does not mean I'm going to write formulaic bestsellers just to appease the market.  The rebel in me just loves to fly my middle finger.

If there are any fellow NNWM participants out there, share some details in the comments!  Shameless plugs for any of your published work and links are highly encouraged too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome.