Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Too Much? Naaaaahhhh...

As you may know, I have done the nine books of my flagship fantasy series.  Nine books, all falling in the 80K- 100K word range.  I am currently juggling six other novels.  Yup.  At the same time.  Let me give you a quick run-through.

UnNamed- Epic Fantasy
There are four books planned here and I'm only working on the first one.  The working titles of those are UnSung, UnHeard, and UnVeiled.  Each one features a different hero in vastly different areas of a fantasy world, each with a unique limitation.  UnNamed starts with a mercenary, a man who never gives his name and doesn't want to know yours.  Uncovering a magical artifact, he learns that the only way to stop a destructive force looking for it is to deliver it right to their doorstep.  

Iria of the Valley- Fantasy Romance
Iria, a young woman in a feudal society wants to avoid her parents' fate by serving the poor instead of rubbing elbows with the rich.  When a strange man steps in to give her unwanted assistance, she finds herself torn between liking him and hating the idea of sharing the role of benefactor.  Neither of them knows how to trust but are drawn to one another inexplicably.  Can two damaged people manage not to crush each other under their burdens?

Piscine- Sci-Fi Crime Thriller
Only the best and brightest are invited to live in Cerulea. After a series of mysterious murders in the world's first underwater city, Detective Finnaeus Rex is called in to find the link between them.  At first they don't seem linked at all until the forensic pathologist finds a crude symbol of a fish cropping up.  With the city under lockdown to keep the threat confined, he knows he has to work quickly or the panic could claim more lives.

Drawn to Perfection- Fantasy Romance
Trevelyan has always loved one girl from the time they were children, but she can barely stand him.  Or so she says, but as teenagers they started to slip away during festivals to have casual sex. He is a Hunter, she is a Scholar and their paths are not meant to cross.  When she is kidnapped and presumed dead, he is the only one that doesn't believe it and sets out in search of her.  

Blackwater Inheritance- Fantasy Adventure (might be a romance, but I'm feeling this one out)
Marina inherits only her father's ship after he passes away, the rest of his property promised to an old friend of his under one condition: Captain Harris must deliver Marina to her estranged mother.  It sounds simple until he learns that her mother lives on the other side of the world across an ocean known to swallow ships.

Folk War- Epic Fantasy/Thriller
This one is actually a prequel to my nine book series and will cover the events that led to the creation and rebellion of the Folk that appear in the series.  A young engineer takes a classified but high-paying job of building a secret lab.  He suspects that something is very wrong, but cowers under the fear of being silenced.  When the horrors are made clear, he has to decide which is more important: his life or the hundreds of victims of what goes on there.

Through the Golden Doors (Dreampunk Chronicles): YA Fantasy
Based on dreams I have, this one follows two girls, Vivienne and Miria, as they cross through pockets in our world that warp the concepts of Reality and Surreality, in search of why they appear and why they have the abilities in the first place.  With the help of unlikely allies, including a wizard prince and a fairy allergic to her own dust, they attempt to juggle jobs, relationships and dragons.  And yes, my first attempt at cleaning up my filthy language and proclivity for smut to write about friendship and magic.


Two of the books are floating at the 30K word mark, the others at 5K-10K.  Ah, I'm also writing two continuing fanfics, but those are just my geekdom freebies for the very niche group of people who like combining Dragon Age with smut (although one is not gratuitous at this point).  Only 2, possibly 3, of the books will specifically have graphic adult intimacy in them and those are the ones labeled romance.  The others may have some elements of romance but no gratuitous scenes.

Okay, please don't think I'm just churning out bullshit because of how staggering those numbers are.  Yes, they are all drafts.  Yes, I'm talking the next five years of my life easily.  This is super draft phase, but I'm kicking ass getting the ideas formed.  I'm over the moon that my muse is a slave driver.  I don't mind spending 14-16 hours of every day doing this and somehow still managing to get my nephews through school, bugging them with hugs and kisses, having some social breaks...  It can be done.  I'm absolutely insane with a keyboard.

I love getting my plots out there, getting people involved in what to anticipate.  They say mastery takes 10,000 hours of practice.  I want to give it tenfold and beyond.

Yup, I'm a chick.  Love romance and bad puns.  I also write whatever I want to challenge myself to write.  Romance is actually a challenge for me because I write from zero experience.  Fortunately, romance is about intuition and hormones and I have that in spades.  I'm also something of an anomaly.  I absolutely love crushing people under the weight of extensive lore.  I will literally throw a new language at you and my spellchecker is a technical writer's worst nightmare.

B-b-b-b-but I also enjoy writing in different voices.  I'm not a light and fluffy sort though so you are going to have to wade through tortured characters to plant your flag at the end.  Just a heads up.  Not a fan of the cheesiness of pure tropes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome.