Monday, January 27, 2020

More Stuff

Did some sanding and magnet glueing today for the breastplates on the doll project, but found a dremel tool on Amazon for only $20 so I nabbed that so I can do some finer detailing and smoothing. Also bought some metallic spray paint for when it comes time to do that too. So far so good. No big expenses at least.

Might do some detailing to the fabrics as well as start carving the sword. It's the carving that makes me the most nervous since I've never done anything like it before. The closest thing to it was carving a design in a rubber stamp and that was a little project from wood shop, you know, that class where I mostly wandered around and did etchings, if anything. Ah, those days when female students were kind of ignored... But that won't deter me these days!

Can't wait to get to a point where I can take some progress pics! I'll take pics of the rough parts of the armor sculpts tomorrow. I did the second hip guard today so it's drying. The clay I used today was wetter than my first batch, making it a pain to roll flat but much easier to mold the pieces together. Where's the happy medium? Can't have it all, I guess.

About to hop off and draw the sword on my wood pieces, so see ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome.