Sunday, January 19, 2020

Finishing Things

Three day weekend, woot, woot!

I had to start off by saying that. Hella busy week at the restaurant so I am more than happy for a break. And some good news! I got this blanket done:
TA-DAAAAA!
As well as receiving my latest doll in the mail.

The tan lady on the right
She's actually the last one I plan on getting for a while until I actually finish up the others. I still have to learn to use my airbrush machine and plan for some sculpting for some of the other parts of projects-- a Nendoroid's ears and feet, Rienna's armor, whatever else. I feel like I'm mentally lazy with that list right now. I have several different types of clay though that are meant for quite a few projects and I'm not entirely sure how far I was going with that anyway.

In any case, my new doll, I actually bought the face-up, clothes and wig for so that's not a custom job. I really just wanted a finished doll to gawk at and maybe inspire me to finish the others. Especially since my two boys would be the easiest to go ahead and finish. It's the girls that will take me a while.

'Specially with Rienna always under construction...


I'm also crocheting a Simon Belmont for my friend Joe. Crocheting is one of those nice in-betweeners these days while I sort out the rest.
Beefy baby-man in progress
And yes, writing was done. The only thing I'm neglecting these days is drawing, but I'll get back to that in my own time. The writing is going well enough... even though I feel like I'm being kind of mentally lazy with that too. It's not really a cardinal sin for a first draft to be kinda lazy though. I'll be able to dress it up in edits as long as I can make it at least partially coherent.

So tomorrow, more crochet and whatever else. You know me by now; enjoying the random. Letting the impulses lead since my muse is an asshole mostly. I'll see if she feels like playing tomorrow. Or not. I can manage.

When the weather is nice again, I'm hoping my dolls will be ready for some photo shoots. So I guess I better get cracking on them before spring springs up! But to be honest, this cold weather is ripe for writing. And drawing, if I feel like it.

Seriously, I sound like the world's worst procrastinator, but we all know that's... not really like me at all. I don't have clear intent for plans in the first place.

And that's probably the secret to happiness. Eschew expectation, comparison, and if you have nothing planned, you can't procrastinate! Sounds good to me.

All in all, I have to say I do love finishing things. It's not often that I get to say that because I rarely choose small projects. Everything has small steps and progress, but sometimes I like to save things for a big reveal. Other times, I just have to show anything at all. If only because I love to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome.