Friday, January 31, 2020

Finishing Touches

Today was a spray painting day! I spent the better part of the week just working with the rotary tool and sanding, so it was a nice change of pace. The armor is painted and awaiting a full dry cycle. Tomorrow, I'll glue the hip guards to the belt and then that will have to dry 24 hours too. While that is setting though, I'll be working with the odds and ends--small chains, rhinestones and wire--to create the fabric and armor designs. No plans for that, just doing it on the fly, so I'm not sure what I'll come up with yet.

Another reason I've been holding off on taking pictures. The last of the pieces will fall together all at once practically so... I'm hoping by Sunday, I'll have a finished doll to show off.

Just glad the weekend is finally here. I spend all week fantasizing about the extra time to finish some projects and then the time comes that I actually get to do them. It's almost magical. 

Anyway, it's back to crocheting for now. Watching paint dry, literally, is futile and not my idea of a good time, so it's best to jump over and get busy elsewhere. I should have quite a bit to do for the winter months so I'm looking forward to staying productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think! Constructive feedback is always welcome.